Hello friends! The people of Aruba are very happy to be welcoming travelers to our One Happy Island once again.
In an effort to facilitate your travels to Aruba, the Aruban Immigration Authority “Migracion Aruba” offers your first welcome or, “bonbini”, in the form of Aruba’s Immigration Platform.
In accordance with the State Decree of Admittance AB 2009 no. 59, the online ED card is mandatory for all travelers to Aruba. All non-resident travelers, including visa required countries, are required to obtain an online travel qualification using this system prior to being granted permission for boarding. For legal residents of Aruba, the medical self-declaration is mandatory.
If you have been qualified to travel to Aruba, it establishes that you are eligible to board an inbound plane to Aruba, but does not exempt you from COVID-19 screening and testing nor establish that you are admissible to Aruba. Upon arrival to Aruba, the respective authorities have the prerogative to screen and test you for COVID-19 as well as interview you in order to determine if you are freely admissible to Aruba under the Immigration laws and applicable health rules and regulations. All information provided by you, or in the case you act as a legal guardian, must be true and correct.
You may be subject to penalties if you knowingly and willfully make a materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation in an online travel qualification application submitted by you or as legal guardian.
72 hours prior to your travel, we will send you an email with a health questionnaire for you to finalize your online application there are two possible responses to your online application:
• Qualified: You are qualified to travel to Aruba. The system displays confirmation of the application approval, which you will receive by email.
• Denied: You are not qualified to travel to Aruba. You may prove qualification by uploading a medical lab test that you are COVID-19 free.
Note that reapplying with false information in order to qualify for a travel is subject to penalties and may be in violation of our criminal code.
IMPORTANT TRAVELER INFORMATION
To maintain the safety and wellbeing of visitors and locals, one of the new requirements put in place for visitors to be admitted to Aruba is the mandatory Aruba Visitors Insurance which helps to protect you against medical- and non-medical expenses incurred if you test positive for COVID-19 during your stay in Aruba. The Aruba Visitors Insurance covers all eligible foreign nationals from pre-approved regions or countries. The Aruba Visitors Insurance is mandatory and meets the Aruba government’s minimum requirements. Proof that you do not have COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement to enter Aruba. As currently this proof can only be provided through, a negative PCR COVID-19 test as such shall be required. Take good notice of the mandatory quarantine period of 24 hours in case one opts to be tested upon arrival.
What is covered under this Aruba Visitors Insurance?
Medical Expenses: All medically necessary expenses to treat COVID-19, including doctor consults, medicines, hospital admissions, intensive care unit costs, specialist fees, x-rays, lab expenses and nursing costs.
Isolation costs: Government imposed Isolation costs for patients who test positive for COVID-19, including medically necessary doctor consults and follow up tests during the isolation period.
Other related expenses: On-island transportation of COVID-19 patients and ambulance costs for those in critical condition.
Maximum Limit: The overall maximum limit for all benefits combined is US $75,000.
• Patients do not have to advance or make any out-of-pocket payments for covered benefits.
• High-risk patients with pre-existing conditions are covered.
• This insurance covers up to 4 medically necessary PCR COVID-19 tests, excluding the first mandatory PCR COVID-19 test prior to or upon arrival in Aruba.
• No deductibles or copays are applicable for the covered benefits.
• Isolation costs outside of hospital are covered.
• Children up to and including 14 are insured by paying a one-time payment of $10.
Exemptions for insurance:
• Day travelers who enter and exit on the same day
• Visitors from Bonaire and Curacao
• Crew members
• Visitors who hold a diplomat status or work for the government of the Netherlands and are in that capacity visiting Aruba for their work.
• Qualified students (A student is a person, no longer a resident of Aruba, who is enrolled in an educational institute outside of Aruba and is visiting and will be staying with his/her relatives in the first degree/ former legal guardian or primary caregiver).
All visitors to Aruba remain responsible for all uncovered medical- and non-medical expenses. If desired, you can purchase your own travel insurance to supplement this coverage.
For more information regarding the mandatory insurance please the Aruba Visitors insurance webpage: https://www.arubavisitorsinsurance.com/
It is recommended to undergo and upload your PCR COVID-19 negative test result within 72 hours to 12 hours prior to your departure. Pre-testing will facilitate the processing time at the Aruba Airport and will exempt you from the mandatory quarantine period of 24 hours which is imposed on all visitors who undergo testing upon arrival. Authorized PCR test applicable for Aruba is the nasal/oral specimen through PCR testing. Any other COVID-19 test (serological testing/antibody testing, antigen testing or any other blood test) is not accepted.
The PCR test fee is USD $75
Exemptions for PCR Test:
• Day travelers who enter and exit on the same day
• Crew members
• Children up to and including 14 years
Before you begin this process, please make sure that you have a valid passport, and an valid e-mail address that you can access. You will need to supply information from your passport to successfully complete the online application form. After completing the online travel qualification form, you will receive a confirmation of your application to the e-mail address you provided. This confirmation of approval will be your proof of qualification for travel to Aruba. This confirmation is mandatory and will need to be presented and checked at your airline check-in either by showing a printed/ digital copy.
What do I need to apply?
• Valid passport(s)
• Valid email address.
How do I apply?
• Enter passport details
• Enter traveler information
• Answer health questions
• Accept disclaimers and acknowledge statements
• Review application
• RECOMMENDED: upload of negative PCR COVID-19 lab results or PREPAY COVID-19 Airport lab test
• Purchase the Aruba Visitors Insurance
• Complete form
• Receive confirmation of approval
• Save an electronic or printed copy of the confirmation of approval
More information can be found on: https://edcardaruba.aw/