Royal Caribbean Announces Global Suspension Of Cruising
At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew’s safety and well-being are always our top priorities. After further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through July 31st, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on August 1st, 2020 for the majority of our fleet.
• Canada sailings will be suspended through October 31, 2020, due to the Canadian government’s extended travel ban on cruise ship travel.
• China sailings will be suspended through June 30th, 2020 including Voyager of the Seas July 3rd, 2020 sailing.
• Explorer of the Seas’ revitalization will take place August 2020 given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic. As a result, Explorer’s August 2020 sailings will be cancelled and the revitalization will be a technical dry dock where only routine maintenance work will take place.
• Cruise terminals will remain closed in Copenhagen, Denmark and as a result, on June 11th, 2020 we decided to cancel the following sailings: Jewel of the Seas August 8th, 16th, and 23rd, 2020 sailings, & Brilliance of the Seas August 21st, 2020 sailing.
• And, after further review with CLIA, the CDC and local governments, we decided to cancel Voyager of the Seas sailings through September 30th, 2020, along with select Spectrum of the Seas and Quantum or the Seas sailings.
◦ Spectrum of the Seas: July 1st, 5th & 10th, 2020 sailings
◦ Quantum of the Seas: July 3rd, 7th & 12th, 2020 sailings
Below are some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use when we all start cruising again!
Future Cruise Credit (Higher Value)
As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by December 31st, 2021.
• This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid (or Cruisetour, if applicable). And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
You can expect to receive your FCC by:
◦ Monday, April 13th, 2020, if your sail date was on or before April 10th, 2020, or on Ovation of the Seas April 11th, 2020, Radiance March 14th, 2020, Jewel of the Seas March 19th – May 5th, 2020, and all April 2020 Spectrum of the Seas sailings.
◦ Monday, April 30th, 2020, if your sail date was April 11th – May 11th, 2020, including Alaska sailings departing May 12th – June 30th 2020, Empress of the Seas June 1st, 2020 & June 12th, 2020 sailings, and May 2020 Voyager of the Seas sailings (excluding May 25th, 2020 sailing).
◦ Friday, May 22nd, 2020, if your sail date was on or after May 12th, 2020.
◦ Tuesday, June 30th, 2020, if you sail date was between June 12th – July 31st, 2020 (excluding Vision of the Seas June 13th, 2020 and Anthem of the Seas June 20th, 2020 sailings).
◦ Friday, July 17th, 2020, if you were booked on a Canada sailing or on Voyager of the Seas July 3rd, 2020 sailing that was cancelled on June 2nd, 2020.
◦ Friday, July 24th, 2020, if you were booked on any of the following sailings:
– Explorer of the Seas August 2020 sailings
– Brilliance of the Seas August 21st, 2020 sailing
– Jewel of the Seas August 8th – August 23rd, 2020 sailings
– Voyager of the Seas July 12th – September 30th, 2020 sailings
– Spectrum of the Seas July 1st – July 10th, 2020 sailings
– Quantum of the Seas July 3rd – July 12th, 2020 sailings
• Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 45 days.
• A few additional considerations on Future Cruise Credit program: