Latest flight information: coronavirus
round the world and often at rapid speed, various prevention measures are being taken by local authorities. The type and impact of these measures vary. Unfortunately, this also means that we had to reduce our flight activity. Therefore, we’ve extended the rebooking possibilities to all flights with a scheduled departure before or on 31 May 2020.
We highly recommend making use of the self-service options, because of long waiting times at the KLM Customer Contact Centre. You can make your request until 30 September 2020, even if your original travel date has already passed. This way, you can rest assured you can travel at a later date.
Please note that this policy does not replace the existing policies for mainland China and South Korea. For KLM Package Deals, a different policy applies.
Booked a flight with a scheduled departure before or on 31 May 2020? If you want to cancel your flight or if it has been cancelled by the airline, please see below rebooking and voucher options we can offer you.
1. Rebook your flight
Change your travel dates
- You may change your travel dates without having to pay the change fee.
- Is your new travel date before or on 30 November 2020? You can change your travel dates if the same travel class as mentioned on your original ticket is available.
- If your new travel date is on or after 1 December 2020, you can change your travel dates if the same booking class as mentioned in your original ticket is available. If you change to a different booking class, you may need to pay the fare difference.
Change your destination
- You may use the full value of your original tickets for new tickets on KLM, Air France, Delta Air Lines or Virgin Atlantic.
- You will not have to pay the change fee.
How to rebook
Log in to My Trip and change your travel dates or destination yourself if:
- you have a KLM, Air France or Delta Air Lines ticket,
- your journey has not started yet,
- you are not travelling with a baby (0-1 years),
- you did not request a special service (e.g. ordered a special meal, are travelling as an unaccompanied minor, have requested transportation of a wheelchair or pet).
2. Request a travel voucher
If you choose to postpone your trip, we will provide you with a refund in the form of a travel voucher. You can use this voucher as a payment method to purchase a new ticket at a later time.
- Your travel voucher is valid to use within 1 year after the date of issue and can be used on KLM, Air France, Delta, Virgin Atlantic, and Kenya Airways flights.
- You can use your voucher to book a flight that takes place after the expiration date of the voucher.
- If your flight has been cancelled by the airline, your travel voucher is refundable after 1 year from the date of issue. If you’ve requested a voucher while your flight was not cancelled by the airline, the travel voucher is non-refundable.
How to request a travel voucher
- Request a refund in the form of a travel voucher online.
- Due to the high volume of requests, it can take multiple weeks for us to process your request and send you the travel voucher via e-mail.
- Please note that your entire booking will be cancelled once we’ve issued your travel voucher.
If you need assistance, contact the KLM Customer Contact Centre. Please note that we are doing what we can to help you as quickly as possible, but waiting times are longer than usual. Did you book your ticket via a travel agent? Please contact them directly to rebook your flight.