As we all navigate the unprecedented, extraordinary and evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want you to know that you always have been, and you always will be, our very top priority. We will get through to better times, and we are so grateful you have been by our side to help us realize our mission, and we hope yours, turning vacation dreams into lifelong memories. From the very beginning, we have been proud to bring you the best in Unlimited-Luxury® for an all-inclusive experience and it is our most sincere wish to serve you again soon.
Also, deep at our core, is our dedication to the health, safety, and well-being of our guests and our teams. To that end, we fully understand that you have questions about the rapidly changing environment around this situation, and we are committed to sharing clear, up-to-date information about the steps we are taking so when you need to, you can make the most informed decisions.
We are in contact with destinations, airlines and other partners to understand their changing protocols and procedures. We are also monitoring announcements from government entities and health departments in the areas in which AMResorts®-branded properties are located.
At the resort-level, and in an abundance of caution, we have implemented several new policies and procedures beyond our already stringent health and safety protocols. These additional standards follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Cristal International Standards. Additional activity includes:
- Continuous communication with our staff to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both front-of-house and back-of-house areas.
- Public surfaces such as front desk, restaurant counters, and dining tables are cleaned multiple times throughout the day. Public touchpoints, such as handrails, railings, elevators buttons, door handles, and knobs, are also cleaned frequently throughout the day along with activities center areas and surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer is located throughout public and back-of-house locations, such as lobby, outlets, restrooms and work areas. Sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Food at buffet restaurants is being presented and served in a manner that supports overall health and wellness.
- All departments have implemented hand washing or hygiene procedures to take place multiple times during the staff shift. Staff is instructed as follows:
- At the beginning of their shift on correct health and wellness procedures.
- Supervised to wash hands before and after eating and before returning to a work area.
- Restaurant staff is instructed to wash hands every hour or after every break before returning to their work area.
- Proper procedures are posted in all back-of-house work areas and reinforced at daily briefings.
- Prohibited from reporting to work with a respiratory illness that can be transmitted to others.
- For guests who may feel unwell, we have detailed protocols developed in partnership with Cristal International Standards. And if at any point a guest feels ill, they will be asked to return to their room and contact the front desk. The on-site physician will come to the room and assess the situation.
Additionally, we would like to share our new leisure vacation policy. If you have a reservation, please be advised of this newly implemented policy to help assist you better when you are ready to travel:
- We have instituted the “Move the Date, Keep the Rate” program so you may change the date of your travel for a future travel date between now and one year of your original travel date.
- Additionally, you have the option to change to another AMResorts® property within the same brand, in a different destination with no additional fee or cancellation penalty. Travel to be completed within one year of your original travel date.
If you have questions, we encourage you to reach out and contact your travel advisor or the AMResorts® customer care team at 800 597 4761.